1 / PRESIDENT'S PROHIBITION OF MOVEMENT AND ROAD TRAFFIC
The President of the Collectivity of Saint-Martin will be in charge of the project. to allow cleaning trucks and vehicles to finish removing bulky items on the Sandy Ground area.
A second decree of road-closing will be taken for the St-James area from the Bellevue roundabout to the "Glove Finger" on Saturday September 12th. .
A third ban will be taken for the Low-area area in Marigot-St. James on Monday September 20th.
PEOPLE ARE ASKED TO TRAVEL ON ROADS ONLY FOR EMERGENCY AND TO LEAVE THE ROAD SYSTEM ACCESSIBLE FOR CLEANING.
2 / VOLUNTARY DEPARTURE TO GUADELOUPE AND MARTINIQUE
Several ways to leave the territory:
- Martinique from Princess Juliana airport for those who want to return to Europe via Martinique. A checkpoint is in place at the border of Cupecoy to let European passport holders to access the airport.
- From Grand Case Airport: Planes are also flying to Guadeloupe and Martinique. To take one of these planes, you have to go directly to Grand Case Airport (facing form Simply Market).
- Also, to 450-seat boat will connect Saint-Martin-Port de Galisbay to Pointe-à-Pitre in Guadeloupe,
The ship will leave Saint-Martin Thursday, September 14, 2017 at 8 am, from the dam of the marina Fort Louis. 6 am.
To be able to leave on this boat, it is imperative to register prior to the date of departure. Everyday a reception from 8: 30 am to noon at the Robert Weinum school campus in La Savane (School City) and another at the Collectivity Front Desk in Marigot from 8: 30 am to noon. It is possible to carry luggage and animals.
If the demand is strong, other boat trips to Guadeloupe will be organized on the same principle.
3 / OPENING OF 5 PUBLIC INFORMATION POINTS:
- Sandy Ground MJC
- Concordia - Media library
- Robert Weinum School Complex
- Primary School St Maximin Orleans area
- Collectivité Admistrative building
These points inform the public about the various support schemes in place.
4 / DISTRIBUTION OF WATER AND FOOD PRODUCTS
Several distribution points are now organized throughout the island. Three fixed points:
- In front of the gendarmerie of French Quarter from 9 am.
- In the parking lot of Hope Estate from 9 am
- In the parking lot of the ferry terminal in Marigot, from 9 am.
Distribution points are also organized in the neighborhoods with water and food distribution.
5 / EMERGENCY ACCOMMODATION ON THE TERRITORY
People who need emergency housing in St. Maarten must register at the information offices mentioned above. The Social Department will take over the registrations before the end of the week.
6 / COLLECTVITE NEED VOLUNTEERS AT THE PORT OF GALISBAY
The port of Galisbay. Territorial Councilor Marie-Dominique RAMPHORT (RAMFOR).
The President of the Community Mr. Daniel GIBBS warmly thanks you for your contribution.
7 / DISCLOSURE OF INSURANCE CLAIMS:
The deadline for notification of your insurances is 30 2017. This process must be done with your own insurer. 0800 85 15 15 and 0800 00 58.
An internet address has also been created: allianz-assistance.re
INTERNET HOT SPOT
Two Internet Hot Spots are free open:
Marigot - Republic Road - In front of Dauphin Telecom shop
Hope Estate commercial area, on the side of Cul de Sac Roundabout
PLEASE MAKE A MASSIVE FORWARD OF THIS MESSAGE