Speech of the 4th Vice-President of the COM Greeting ceremony 2015
The Protocol having already been established, I have the pleasure and the honor this morning to address you a few words on the occasion of this new year.
So I take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very happy 2015 year. A year of health and peace.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all community and CTOS officers, not only for your daily work but for your dedication and drive.
President of CTOS and the elected representative for participatory democracy, which includes the neighborhood councils and the territorial youth council, this morning is a good time to review the main achievements of the 2014 year that have optimized The service as well as prospects for the 2015 year that will come I hope to strengthen this optimization.
The CTOS is composed of a central kitchen with a daily production of 4500 meals and groups 181 women and 43 men distributed in the 17 school restaurants: nursery and elementary schools as well as the College and the Lycée, also the management of four recipe authorities , The Per and Extra-school services and the annex to Marigot.
The year 2014 was marked by several major events:
1- The setting up of activities peripheral and extra school within the framework of the PEDT, in partnership with sports and cultural associations.
2- The opening of leisure centers during the holidays of Easter, July, and holidays of All Saints.
3- A very large increase in the number of children enrolled in peri-school activities (from 300 at the beginning of the year to more than 1000 at the beginning of the 2014 / 2015 school year)
4- The declaration of our centers to the Directorate of Youth Sports and Social Cohesion, which allows us to claim financial assistance from the General Social Security Fund.
5- The recruitment of a new production manager at the Central Kitchen.
6 - The regularization of the situation of the agents made available to the community towards the Territorial Bank of the School works which simplifies the follow-up of the careers and the management of the personnel.
7- The end of the first phase of the renovation of the satellites studied by the veterinary services so that they all meet the sanitary standards in force.
8- The establishment of payment by credit card in the boards.
9- The building of the central kitchen was connected to the fiber optic.
10- The membership of the CTOS has a committee of social works (CNAS).
11- CTOS membership in Pole emploi.
- The development of peri-school and out-of-school services in line with the increase in the number of students enrolled in the activities and a large purchase of sports equipment in order to develop these activities and to facilitate access to them for all.
- To offer a reception service in the morning and to extend the afternoon until 17h is part of the actions programmed to the Per school service.
- Monitor the study and implementation of the satellite renovation program.
- Following the work to bring the school of Siméone Trott into conformity, this one will serve as a "restau witness" with an acquisition of new materials.
- The opening of the school building 2015-2016 at the beginning of the school year, which will lead to an increase in staffing or a redeployment of staff.
- Starting the use of our "Salamandre" software during the first quarter, with training and support, which will allow a detailed analysis of costs.
- An Open Day at the Lycée's restaurant soon.
- Set up a committee of Menus and develop the activities of the school restaurant of the Lycée and College.
I wish to extend my special wishes to the six Representatives of the District Councils for their constant implications in their respective neighborhoods.
Joint actions have been carried out such as PLU consultations, Blue Week, the fight against Breast Cancer, Mothers and Fathers Day and the mobilization of all participants following the cyclone Gonzalo.
I would like to thank you for your involvement in the development of your many cultural, economic and social projects, notably with the help of associations such as "Sandy-Ground On The Move", "Association for Hope & Music Development" , "Jeunesse Soualigua", "I Like My Neighborhood", etc. (To name a few).
Regarding the prospects for the 2015 year, in general, the points mentioned are the same for the majority of the neighborhood councils: a continuation of the projects carried out in 2014 but also the improvement of the planning of the territory for the " general interest.
- Public lighting.
- Removal of carcasses from cars.
- Records of regularization of the "fifty geometric steps".
- Improving the environment.
- Rehabilitation of stadiums and sports facilities.
- Road rehabilitation and sanitation.
- Better care for young idlers. Etc.
The Territorial Youth Council:
The members of the Territorial Youth Council learned to invest in the community and to make themselves known and to exchange through the following various actions:
- Participation in the development of the ARS Youth Health Plan.
- Participation in a television program on youth health.
- Participation in ZUMFIT 2014.
- Several meetings with the "Youth Parliament" of the Dutch side.
- Participation in the organization of "Sport For All".
- Participation in the history of 14 July.
- Creation and production of a play for the rights of the child.
All these actions allowed them to discover the functioning of the various organizations and institutions that make up society.
So I wish you a successful 2015 year.
Finally, I would like to extend to all the staff of COM and CTOS, all our partners and the population once again, all my best wishes for this new 2015 year.
I would also like to seize this opportunity to express my best wishes to the employees of the Collectivity and the CTOS, to our partners at large. I wish you much Health, Peace & Happiness for this New Year 2015.
I thank to de votre attention.