The social hub of the community continues to welcome the victims of 8h 15h at its premises in Concordia, St. Paul Mingau (job center building).
• Solidarity and Families:
- + 70 families listed for the distribution of food and water
- Processing time of a file: 20 minutes
- The census of the victims will end this week
• Aid to victims:
- Single number: 0690378401
- Legal, social and psychological assistance
- Appointment possible shortly
Removal of garbage and miscellaneous waste
• Starting on Monday 9 October 2017, garbage collection is resumed. People are encouraged to use garbage cans and to discard garbage on public roads. The selective sorting of glass and cardboard must resume as before, since the ecosite of Grandes Cayes is in the capacity to treat sorted waste.
• Merchants are asked to transport their waste to the landfill and not to put their rubbish bins on the pavements. Thank you to everyone who keeps the cleanliness.
• People wishing to have car wrecks removed free of charge can get closer to the Sustainable Development Pole, former Fort Louis Road Hospital, open Monday to Friday from 8h to 15h.
This management of the community must make it possible to remove as many abandoned vehicles and to clean the polluted areas.
The water network
• The reverse osmosis plant UCDEM is currently capable of producing 3500m3 of water / day, however it operates in a degraded mode.
• La Générale des Eaux fuels 63% of households, but some sectors are still cut, such as Anse Marcel Orient Bay, Oyster Pond. Many leaks on the networks
• A "rotating" distribution is implemented with controlled cuts to try to serve as many sectors as possible and repair leaks.
The EDF network
• On 16 000 fireplaces, 12 000 are supplied with electricity: 80%
• On 241 transformation stations, 231 are now secure
• All schools (public and private) are replenished in electricity
• 25 generators have been installed in areas where networks are not yet rehabilitated. These generators can power up to 20 homes.
• At the request of President Gibbs: The device for a visible presence with traders reassure professionals. 60 mobile patrols monitor territory
• Traffic restriction is maintained from 00h to 5h
• 600 gendarmes are mobilized.
• 12 police officers of the Judicial Police have just arrived to help the procedures "looting".
• 120 procedures against looters have been conducted to date
Back to School
• Facilities that meet security standards have been re-opened. The Clair Saint-Maximin and Omer Arrondell elementary schools and secondary schools in the Quartier d'Orléans, the École Cité and the Aline Hanson, Hervé Williams and Emile Choisy schools.
• The Collège Mont des Accords and the Jean Anselme schools have just reopened.
Health - ARS
• Opening of the outpatient clinics at Marigot Concordia LCF Hospital starting Tuesday, October 10.
• 75% of GPs are open
• 50% of specialist doctors are open
• 5 pharmacies are open on existing 11
• Vector control (mosquitoes): reinforcements will arrive in the territory to go door to door and prevent mosquito proliferation. Young people will be recruited locally to ensure this awareness.
• Specialized local companies will soon be called upon to combat the proliferation of flies
It should be noted that local doctors in Orléans will be able to issue prescription drugs to compensate for the absence of pharmacy in this area.
The Orléans neighborhood clinic was transformed into a psychological support cell
Sandy Ground and Grand Case Clinics are currently accommodating doctors whose office has been destroyed
A territorial decree will be taken to catch stray animals (dogs - cows - pigs).