President Daniel Gibbs is currently in Paris to discuss with Elysée and Matignon the modalities of the reconstruction and the aid that will be granted to Saint Martin. A communication will be sent to you no later than Saturday morning.
- The community advances on the cleaning of the island, 50 local companies are mobilized on this work. 90% of the axes are cleaned. The community is assisted by the RSMA and the Navy (Building Thunder) for clearing. The naval means may be used for the demolition of public buildings that can not be recovered.
-11 waste disposal sites have been designated in the territory. Skips were installed at Sandy Ground to allow residents to deposit their waste.
- The objective of the Sustainable Pole: Return to normal operation of the collection of waste and bulky as of October the 06.
-The population is asked to separate garbage from bulky items to facilitate pick-up work.
- The interdepartmental delegate in charge of reconstruction, Philippe Gustin, will receive Les Socioprofessionnels de Saint Martin at CCISM, Friday 29 September at 10 hours.
-The CCISM is in charge of the support of the companies: In 27 / 09 / 17: 788 companies have reported their damage to the CCISM, that is 300 M € of damages recorded.
-350 emergency aid files for beneficiaries of the IHR were sent to Guadeloupe by the CCISM. Beneficiaries who have not made these arrangements have until the 02 October to do so.
-Tourism: evaluations of the different sectors of tourism activities are in progress (private / public), the community will be able to give more precise indications within a few weeks (November) on the possibilities of recovery by sector of activity (restaurants- Guest Houses - Hotels - rental villa, shops, etc ...).
Back to School
- The school year is organizing, the Human Pole is currently enrolling students who wish to return to Saint Martin. This census takes place from 8h to 12h, until Friday 29 October (former school Seaside).
- President Gibbs wished that the buildings or emergency accommodations that will accommodate the pupils be secured and properly equipped before the start of the school year. The Rectorate will communicate on the date of re-entry.
-The territorial administration has been relaunched. 1ère slice on Monday 18 Sep / 2e slice on Monday 25 September with a gradual return to normal.
- A permanent registration of the civil status takes place every day from 8h to 12h, from Monday to Friday.
-A permanent civil status will be open exclusively for the victims on Saturday: Saturday 30 / 09 and the first two Saturdays of October, at the hotel of the community, from 9h to 12h. This permanence will help the victims wishing to redo their official documents (ID - Passport, various acts).
-The PSF lists all the people in difficulty (problem of accommodation, declaration of loss for the uninsured.
-PHD identifies students for the start of classes
-The DP works on the inventory of public buildings, the pole itself has been affected.
-The economic cluster has been affected, the economic unit has taken over for information and assistance to companies, in partnership with the CCISM.
-La Poste announces that it will be able to receive and send the mail from Monday 02 October, in the framework of an emergency distribution of which it will communicate the modalities.
-EDF announces that 67% of homes are powered, they will be 80.% At the end of the week.
- Water production is operational again (UCDEM plant), a backup plant has been installed.
-Générale des Eaux is continuing the re-watering of the distribution network. This work is done gradually to avoid leaks and losses of water. To date, 45% of households are fed. It will take several more days to regain optimal distribution.
-13 water distribution points are currently open in the neighborhoods since Sunday 24 September.
-The food distribution continues at the usual 6 points until the end of the week, from 8h30 to 13h: Sandy Ground, Jean-Louis Vanterpool stadium parking lot, Rambaud Dormoy field, Grand Basketball court Case, residence Chevrise in Cul de Sac, Place du Marché Orléans area.
From 30 September, water and food distribution will be reserved exclusively for families in difficulty identified by the Pole Solidarity and Families of the community.
-The traffic ban of St Martin and the curfew of Sint Maarten are always fixed by common agreement to 21h until 6h.